Fall 2021 Career Workshops & the Roadmap Workshop Challenge
The Block Career Center (BCC) is excited to offer a robust workshop schedule for Fall 2021. All Friedman students and alumni are invited to attend; registration information can be found below. In addition, ALL students are invited to participate in our Roadmap to Designing a Successful Career Workshop Challenge. While the Challenge is optional, we encourage students to be active participants in their career & professional development. Look at our workshop list NOW and start planning. You’ll win exciting prizes while boosting your career development skills and knowledge!
How It WorksTo complete the Roadmap Challenge, attend 8 BCC workshops over the 2021-2022 academic year. We recommend that you plan to attend at least 4 workshops in the fall semester and at least 4 in the spring. As you achieve each of the 4 participation levels, you win a prize! Simply submit your workshop attendance info when you complete a level, and we’ll be in touch about picking up your prize.
PrizesWin great Friedman School-branded prizes when you attend career workshops.
– Attend 2 workshops: Get a winter beanie or baseball cap
– Attend another 2 workshops (4 total): Get an enamel mug
– Attend another 2 workshops (6 total): Get a tote bag
– Attend another 2 workshops (8 total): Be entered in a raffle to win 1 of 3 $100 Visa gift cards
Visit the links below for workshop descriptions and to RSVP in Handshake. All programs will be virtual, and all times are listed in ET.
- Making the Most of Handshake: Jobs, Events, Career Coaching & More — Friday, Sept. 17, 12:15 – 1:15 pm
- Craft Your “Elevator Pitch” – The Power of an Introduction — Tuesday, September 21, 2:15 – 1:15 pm
- Leveraging the MBTI Personality Assessment to Gain Career Clarity — Tuesday, September 28, 12:15 – 1:15 pm
- Career Development 101: Identifying Your Unique Skills & Interests — Thursday, September 30, 6 – 7 pm
- Creating a Strategic Resume or CV — Monday, October 4, 12:15 – 1:15 pm
- Writing Excellent Cover Letters — Friday, October 8, 12:15 – 1:15 pm
- Learn the “How To’s” of Informational Interviewing — Tuesday, October 12, 12:15 – 1:15 pm
- LinkedIn 101: Building Your Profile — Monday, October 18, 12:15 – 1:15 pm
- Internships 101 — Monday, October 25, 12:15 – 1:15 pm
- LinkedIn 102: Career Exploration, Networking, & Job/Internship Search— Thursday, November 4, 6 – 7 pm
- Maximize your Job Search with Networking — Thursday, November 18, 6 – 7 pm
- Diversifying Your Career Experience: Internships for BMN & NEDS Students