Founded in 2013 and based in Lafayette, Louisiana, Waitr is a leader in on-demand food ordering and delivery. Waitr, along with Bite Squad and Delivery Dudes, connect local restaurants to hungry diners in underserved U.S. markets across three “local’s favorite” brands. Together they are a convenient way to discover, order and receive great food from local restaurants, national chains and grocery stores. As of June 30, 2020, Waitr and Bite Squad operated in small and medium sized markets in the United States in over 725 cities.
We’re redefining the dining experience by building a world class mobile ordering and delivery platform. We are building a two sided marketplace that is helping small businesses grow and acquire new customers while also bringing concierge level convenience to thousands of consumers.
Now, onto the role of a Product Manager. Our product team prioritizes high leverage work to increase user retention and drive value. They work closely with every department to set expectations for product enhancements and synchronize company-wide efforts for new releases.
Here’s how you’d be spending your day:
● Drive product vision for your team.
● Identify success metrics for your team.
● Work with Business Stakeholders to prioritize your team’s roadmap.
● Gather business requirements for an initiative.
● Write stories and review with tech lead for content readiness.
● Trackdown dependencies.
● Own and continually prioritize the product backlog.
● Attend team and stakeholder meetings.
● Create and maintain business process diagrams and documentation of configuration changes.
● Assist the Training Department with creating and maintaining product specific lessons.
● Collect feedback from stakeholders on prototypes and releases.
● Draft company-wide product/feature announcements.
Required Education and Experience
We’re looking for someone who:
● has a “get stuff done” attitude when approached with new challenges.
● has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● has 2+ years of product manager or technology experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
● has a Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Bonus points if you:
● have experience with Jira.
● have engineering experience.
● have experience with a behavioral analytics tool.
● have experience with A/B testing and optimization.
Is this your calling?
Nimble: You move fast and accurately in a dynamic environment
Customer-Focused: Proactively seeks and finds ways to provide the highest standards of service.
Innovator: Generates and recognizes creative solutions in varying work situations.
Team player: Collaboration and strong communication skills.
Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication.
Results-Oriented: Productively focuses time and resources on activities to produce quality results.
Forward-Thinking: Problem solver, do whatever it takes attitude
Strategic Thinker: Views events and possibilities from multiple perspectives. Understands the bigger picture and the interdependencies and effects of other systems.
Ethical: Maintains and promotes individual and organization integrity and values in the conduct of all activities.
# of direct reports: 0
# of indirect reports: 0
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Waitr, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Waitr, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Waitr, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.