The University of New Hampshire is looking for a Project Manager that will:
● Plan and facilitate monthly meetings with NH FHN businesses to strategize about how to strengthen the network and build out strategies for collaboration (e.g., online communication and marketing tools).
● Communicate with hub managers and facilitate communication among hubs between meetings to ensure collaboration.
● Draw up and keep up-to-date contracts between hubs and farms relating to logistics (e.g., overarching operational MOU, MOU related to cold chain liability, etc.).
● Coordinate data collection and analysis to facilitate long-term planning and increase sales and collaboration. Data collected from participating hubs may include current and potential route lanes and value chain relationships, gross sales, number of customers, number of new vendors, customer demand/preferences, and other metrics.
● Create and implement outreach plans to NH food distribution companies and institutions to evaluate business and sales opportunities; assist with negotiating bulk contracts with inputs from hubs to ensure availability and pricing.
● Research and communicate potential business models and cross-docking platforms to make collaboration more efficient and work with hubs and participating farms to evaluate various alternatives.
● Prepare a final report/implementation plan with action steps about the future direction of the NH FHN.
Hours: approximately 20 hours per week (with potential for increased hours if additional funding is secured)
Compensation: $31.73 per hour
Duration: ~ 50 weeks