United Way of Western CT is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Community Impact Program Coordinator This is a full-time position based in our Stamford , CT office.
Join a growing organization focused on community change, partnerships, and improving lives in the areas of Education, Financial Stability and Health. United Way of Western Connecticut (UWWC) offices are in Stamford, Danbury, and New Milford. Organization offers excellent benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, gender and cultural backgrounds along with bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Community Impact Program Coordinator is a member United Way of Western Connecticut’s Community Impact Team. Primary functions include overseeing the grantmaking process for UWWC’s Stamford community, providing operational support for UWWC’s community programs and initiatives, and assisting the Food Policy Manager with food security programing.
- Serve as main point of contact for Stamford community needs, inquires, benefits and programs.
- Manage the UWWC’s grant review process for programs and initiatives which includes distributing and collecting RFPs and related documents, assisting with volunteer recruitment and orientation, scheduling program presentations, staff and facilitate review teams as appropriate with guidance.
- Manage Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) for the Stamford community. Recruit and engage volunteers to serve on local decision-making committee. Manage ongoing communications with community partners on deadlines, reporting, and data.
- Assist Food Policy Manager with coordination and operational support of Danbury and Stamford Food Collaborates (e.g., food resource guide updates, strategic initiatives support, monthly meeting planning), Healthy Savings Program administration and data analysis, and administrative support for Farm to School Program, ad hoc mini-grant processes, food drives and emergency food distributions.
- Maintain positive and supportive agency and volunteer relationships.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in human relations, social work, business or related field or a minimum of 3 to 5 years combined experience in general human relations, social work, or community affairs work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which includes one-on-one as well as group presentation
- Strong meeting facilitation skills, including experience with virtual meeting software (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.)
- High degree of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as necessary, including ability to judge when concerns/challenges should be escalated
- Project management skills including the ability to create and adhere to work plans and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer/technology skills, particularly with Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer service skills and teamwork mentality
- Strong outcome measurement and program evaluation experience
- Experience managing or working with volunteers preferable
- Multi-lingual; Spanish-speaking preferred
The salary range for this position is $43,000-$51,000/year, including a comprehensive benefits package. Please submit a cover letter and resume by COB Monday, October 25th