****THIS JOB REQUIRES ACTIVE DUTY COMMITMENT INTO THE UNITED STATES ARMY****
The Army is expanding opportunities to commission officers beyond ROTC and the military academies by creating opportunities for highly skilled individuals to enter the Army as officers up to the grade of Colonel, allowing the Army to leverage our nation’s strength – the American workforce.
The U.S. Army Logistics Branch is comprised of full-time and part-time Army officers who are functional in the Transportation, Ordnance, and Quartermaster Branches. Logistics officers are multi-functional and rely heavily on data analytics to provide timely, world-class logistics support during all phases of operations both in peacetime and war. This requires individuals to possess extensive critical thinking capability in varied stressful situations.
Qualified civilians and former service members may now apply for direct appointment as a logistics officer in the U.S. Army’s Logistics Branch for the rank of Captain, Major, Lieutenant Colonel, or Colonel depending on a thorough review and calculation of relevant education, training, certifications, and work experience. Those selected for this program will be offered the opportunity to serve and support the nation’s Army. Your unique knowledge and skills obtained in the civilian sector, in addition to prior service, will enhance military logistics from within. You will directly further advance the support capabilities of the individuals and units to which you are assigned.
As a functional analyst, the individual must be able to relate large amounts of data and analytical to operational requirements and processes, they must be able to apply real world logistics contexts. The functional analyst must be adept at communicating to senior level commanders and executives, providing input for future operational plans and programs. They should be able to use their knowledge of logistics and data analytical skills to identify inefficiencies and develop process improvement plans to streamline operations and maximize efficiencies in both fiscal and time constrained scenarios.
- Partner with contractors to develop and analyze business intelligence, data & analytics needs
- Acts as the subject matter expert on reporting tools and data analysis, makes recommendations on process changes
- Provides data analysis and reporting solutions support for assigned departments
- Participates and leads the planning process including inception, design, build, test, and deploy of business intelligence data & analysts solutions
- Interpret business requirements, and determines optimum business intelligence solutions to meet needs
- Explores data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies, and trends.
- Analyze testing results to ensure the solution meets the needs of the Army.
- Designs and delivers end-user training and training materials for business intelligence and analytics solutions
- Research business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems
- Verifies collected data is with required quality and provides input to development of information quality metrics / standards
A Master’s degree or higher in the following fields are preferred, a minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required:
- Business with a focus on Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, or a Mathematics Field (STEM)
- Information Systems Management
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics or Business Analytics
- Operations Research
- Supply Chain Management
- A minimum of 5 years experience in SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), SAP Business Reporting Tools, Data warehousing principals/best practice solutions, BEx Analyzer and WEB reporting, cross-functional knowledge and manipulation experience of SAP Modules, and a proven track record of architecting complete SAP Business Warehousing (BW) / Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to include at least one project is highly desired but not required
- Previous military experience preferred but not required
Salary range: $55,000 – $145,000
- Full health & dental coverage
- Family healthcare plans
- Low cost life insurance
- Secure retirement plans
- 30 days of paid vacation per year as well as government holidays
- Moving cost reimbursement and additional expense allowance
- Access to athletic training facilities
- Access to tax-free shopping
To learn more about the Army’s benefits visit: https://www.goarmy.com/benefits.html
- You must be a United States citizen; applicants in a dual citizenship status are ineligible.
- You must be able to obtain an maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- You must have at least a bachelors degree, a master’s degree or higher is preferred.
- You must possess years of relevant work experience.
- You must complete an Army commission physical, meeting basic fitness standards for service as an Army officer (https://usarmybasic.com/army-physical-fitness/army-height-weight-standards).
Those who complete an application for this program will compete against other qualified applicants. Those selected will fill a specific, operational requirement or critical need. This process from submission of application to final adjudication may take a few months to complete. Applicants will be kept informed of their application status from one phase to the next until either appointed a commission or informed of non-selection.
- Fort Lee, VA