Job Title: STATA Workshop Instructor
Supervisor: Anulfo Baez, Program Coordinator
Department: Ginn Library, The Fletcher School
Fletcher’s Edwin Ginn Library provides collections, services and technology that anticipate and meet the research and instructional needs of The Fletcher School. The library maintains a research and study environment conducive to exploration, discovery and knowledge creation. Ginn Library is also responsible for all aspects of information technology at The Fletcher School including desktop support, technology instruction, classrooms and lab computing.
Ginn Library seeks two STATA instructors to work closely with Ginn staff and provide instruction and consultation to students, faculty and staff. During the first two introductory workshop sessions, we provide an overview of the STATA interface and basic functions of STATA. We use datasets from international development to introduce some descriptive statistics commands and introduce coding/recoding commands to help students gain familiarity with STATA syntax. The last two workshops build upon the commands introduced during the first two sessions. We provide an overview of how to import and export data from non-STATA (ex. excel, csv) sources, code/recode/label data, work with omitted and missing values, and merge/append/reshape data.
In this role, the STATA instructor:
· Ensures workshop curriculum aligns with course curriculum.
· If needed, modifies curriculum and data sets to compliment Fletcher courses and assignments.
· Works with Program Coordinator on scheduling, evaluations, and how workshop content is delivered.
· Supports customized data sets by providing one-on-one consultations if there is a demand during the semester.
· Provides feedback to Ginn staff on workshop program with an eye towards improving the service.
· Commits to working at least 4-5 hours a week on average (1 to 2 workshops per week with prep time added). Ginn Library typically schedules anywhere from 12 to 14 workshops per semester, 5 or 7 workshops per instructor per semester.
Salary $25/hr with prep time added.
If you are interested in this STATA workshop instructor position, please submit a short statement of interest and resume by August 12, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.