The Office of Business Operations at the Friedman School of Nutrition and Science Policy is in search of a Tufts graduate student to support the doctoral student funding opportunities process.
• Maintain doctoral student funding opportunities file on Box
o Update existing funding opportunities as needed (submission deadlines, purpose, requirements/eligibility, award information, etc).
o Identify new funding opportunities and add them to the file through researching specific sponsor websites…
• Document Friedman School process(es) for identifying, publicizing, and applying to doctoral student funding opportunities
• Coordinate informational sessions for Friedman School doctoral students interested in applying for funding
• Identify internal and external trainings and resources related to sponsored research funding for Friedman School doctoral students
• Collaborate with the business office, sponsored research administration office, and the doctoral student officer to ensure student proposals are submitted in accordance with sponsor requirements and University policy
This is an hourly part-time student appointment, with compensation to be determined based on skills and experience. The schedule will vary from week to week, with an average of approximately 5 hours of work per week during the fall 2021 and spring 2022 semesters, with the possibility of extension. The position reports to the Assistant Director of Business Operations.
There is potential for additional responsibilities to be added to the job description in the future including coordinating preparation of the Friedman School Office of Research Administration’s recurring newsletter.
Desired Expertise & Key Skills
Required Skills and Experience:
• Interest in sponsored research administration and/or higher education administrative processes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage workload and timelines
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with multiple offices
• Proactive, adaptable, and solution-oriented attitude
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as part of a team
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.