About Tiny Organics
Tiny Organics is a plant-based baby food company on a mission to shape the palates of a whole generation to choose and love vegetables from their earliest days, ensuring children grow up to live their healthiest, happiest lives, and helping to prevent chronic diseases later in life. Tiny Organics makes it easy for parents to feed their little ones healthy, nutrient-dense, delicious food (prepared by a team of neonatal nutritionists), with no prep required and delivered direct to their doors.
We’re female-founded by lifelong friends Betsy and Sofia. Betsy’s son Sebastian has been eating Tiny since he was 6 months old. Our team is Tiny but mighty, and we’re collaborative, driven, and get things done.
Since launching in 2019, Tiny has been featured in national publications like Forbes, TechCrunch, The New Yorker, Inc, Fatherly, and garnered investments from thought leaders like Gary Vaynerchuk, Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker, including an $11M in Series A funding in June 2021.
The Tiny Director of Community will help define the short- and long-term vision and strategy and execution for Community at Tiny. This role will be accountable for community programs that help in building the brand and supporting the business results in our Tiny Supper Clubs and Ambassador program. This is a highly cross-functional position sitting in the Community team and reporting into the Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will bring a balanced, creative, and data-driven approach to deliver a best-in-class community experience across the organization with our partnership events and through our mom community.
What you can expect
- Lead, hire and develop multifunctional, high-performing community members across the nation to achieve business goals.
- Encourage participation in such initiatives and/or enable folks to co-design their own initiatives.
- Co-operates with (or works to establish) a local support group of community organizations and activists to share ideas, learning and co-design community led- initiatives
- Identifies and encourages people who are natural connectors and natural leaders within diverse mom communities.
- Work cross-functionally to integrate brand, commmunity, marketing and product.
- Operationalize community based business goals through our events.
- Drive brand awareness through community in our emerging markets across the US.
- Create key community based relationships and spark word of mouth conversation about the brand.
- Channel your passion for sustainability, product and knowledge of consumer trends to help build critical relationships, increase awareness, create conversation and deliver a best in class mom experience that is engaging for our local communites.
- Support the brand building and communication efforts for regional community events.
- Create a map of influencers and relationships for community connectors to engage and develop
- Create an ecosystem for relationships to become key story-telling elements in all channels of communication, especially social and e-commerce
- Deliver key business results in online.
- Responsible for connecting strategy to results in ecommerce.
- Accountable to support revenue and traffic KPI’s in innovative ways that grow the brand and the business year over year.
- Own the community brand calendar and work cross functionally to establish key brand priorities and integrate them with key product and priorities.
- Responsible for management of annual budget process, including working with peers and management team to set and manage community budget.
- Create sustainable training and onboarding protocols to enable the community programs and their leaders to effectively scale in the absence of a single ambassador available each time.
- Strong right and left brain with an ability to balance innovation and bottom line business needs
- Strong strategic and problem-solving skills
- Able to navigate through ambiguity, thrives in a high growth, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Confidence and comfort to inspire others to create.
- Experience using analytics and performance data to set and adjust priorities.
- Capacity to work effectively with a wide range of people, build relationships, be diplomatic, and exhibit sensitivity to a variety of cultures and understanding of the dynamics of a complex and mission driven organization
- Effective written and communication skills
- Loves living in the organizational and spreadsheet side of the work
More practical skills needed
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years experience in grass roots/community building or business related field in a high profile and beautifully branded organization
- 5+ years experience ideally working in a national role
- Proven ability to effectively work across a scaling company with excellent results
- Successful experience in a senior level management position leading others
- Proven ability to negotiate, influence and collaborate with other key decision makers
- Consumer experience with a mission driven, cutting edge, influential brand preferred
- Proven experience developing and driving digital and media initiatives from inception to execution
- Excellent managerial skills, with a reputation for being adaptable, empathetic, low ego; high horsepower.
- Supports motivated individuals to transform ideas into action and thoughts into things for the benefit of themselves and others.