Apply using this link: https://volunteers.humanesociety.org/index.php?section=volunteerOpportunities&action=view&fwID=2101
Please note you will be asked to upload a writing sample with your application.
Help farm animals remotely!
The Food and Nutrition division focuses on outreach, through our Forward Food program, to large institutions, such as colleges, hospitals, and school districts, to help them institute more plant-based menu items by hosting free educational events and trainings. Our goal is to make half of all meals served in food service dining programs in the U.S. plant-based by 2025. Students, faculty and staff on college campuses are in a unique position to assist in our work. By conducting research and outreach on your campuses, you are both increasing our impact and helping to show the demand for plant-based meals.
We are looking for volunteers (click to view expanded position description) to join our team and assist with a variety of tasks. Among other duties, volunteers conduct campus-specific research and compile a case study regarding the plant-based options on your campus, conduct plant-based audits of campus menu items, and meet with dining services representatives to discuss plant-based options.
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers will learn about the Farm Animal Welfare Campaign and develop experience in the field of animal protection while addressing real-world issues. This is a great opportunity to work with a prominent animal organization on a vital campaign to help farm animals. Please see attached position description for additional learning opportunities.
Becoming a volunteer
Requirements for our volunteers:
- Must be currently enrolled as a student in the college/university locations we are seeking or employed by said institutions
- Strong interpersonal, reading, writing, and research skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, the Internet and online research tools
- Volunteers commit to 1-10 hours per week for a school semester.
- Please review the description above to help determine if our volunteer opportunity is the right fit. If you would like to proceed, please fill out the volunteer application (click Apply Now above) and upload a writing sample where prompted.
- After review of your application, a staff member will contact you to discuss the opportunity.
- Before becoming an official volunteer, you must sign a volunteer agreement and sign a waiver/release of liability.