Job originally posted on Jul 1st and without a deadline. We recommend that interested candidates apply ASAP. In addition, we encourage you to check the employer’s website to see if this listing is still available, as positions may fill before listed expiry dates.
APPLY TODAY to serve with TerraCorps for the 2022-2023 Service Year! Whether you are passionate about conservation, land access, or sustainable agriculture, TerraCorps gives you the opportunity to serve local communities and build professional skills through transformative experiences! TerraCorps is an AmeriCorps affiliated environmental nonprofit preparing and mobilizing emerging leaders to help communities gain access to and conserve land for people and nature. We do this by supporting AmeriCorps members who serve with nonprofit organizations across MA, and RI to tackle issues around land access, sustainable agriculture, and conservation. This year we are looking for 60 members to join the TerraCorps team in MA and RI.!
As a Member you will have the exciting opportunity to serve with one of our nonprofit partners, in one of five coordinator positions:
· Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC)
· Land Stewardship Coordinator (LSC)
· Land Conservation Coordinator (LCC)
· Sustainable Agriculture Coordinator (SAC)
· Youth Education Coordinator (YEC)
Within your service year you will be able to develop and carry out capacity building projects; educate or train individuals; recruit, train, manage, and support community volunteers engaged in land-based activities; and identify new individuals and groups to participate in education, recreation, or service opportunities centered around land access and conservation. You will also receive extensive professional developments and trainings to better prepare you for the professional world.
Members serve in full-time (38 hour/week), 11-month positions from August 29th, 2022- July 28th, 2023.These 1,700-hour AmeriCorps positions receive a living allowance and are eligible for an education award, and additional AmeriCorps benefits. Application specifics, position descriptions, and additional information about how to apply can be found at https://terracorps.org/member-position-listing/
Member Compensation and Benefits
· TerraCorps Members will receive a living allowance of up to $18,500 (pre-tax) over the 11- month term of service, which is $740 (pre-tax) per 25 biweekly pay periods.
· TerraCorps assists Members in obtaining health insurance coverage. Reimbursement of costs may be available.
· Childcare assistance may be provided in cases of financial need.
· Upon successful completion of a term of service, AmeriCorps Members receive a taxable $6,495 education award that can be used for future education or to pay off existing school loans. See https://www.americorps.gov/members-volunteers/segal-americorps-education-award for info and restrictions.
· TerraCorps Members are eligible for forbearance of most federally-guaranteed student loans, as well as payment of interest accrued during service.
· TerraCorps Members will receive mentorship, training, and career development opportunities while serving directly with community-based nonprofits.
· TerraCorps Members experience the personal rewards of national service and community engagement. Note: TerraCorps Members are responsible for their own housing and must have access to reliable transportation.
Application specifics, position descriptions, and additional information about how to apply can be found at https://terracorps.org/apply-to-serve-with-terracorps/
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. Interviews begin mid-May.
AmeriCorps programs provide equal service opportunities. TerraCorps will recruit and select persons for all positions to ensure a diverse and inclusive community. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and varying experiences, including people with disabilities, people of color, and LGBTQIA individuals. We will provide reasonable accommodations for interviews and services upon request. TerraCorps is a grant program of the Corporation for National and Community Service
Interested applicant can contact Maria Infante at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.