The Plant Operations Supervisor provides leadership and direction to manufacturing operations to include direct responsibility of production, shipping and receiving, and warehouse. He/she works closely with the Plant Manager to direct and manage the day to day operation of the facility and may serve as liaison between the Plant and other departments including Sales, Distribution, Corporate, and State and Federal Regulatory Personnel. These processes must be executed safely and in a fashion that optimizes manufacturing costs while meeting company product quality standards.
- Provides leadership and direction to the plant in all areas of responsibility including and not limited to planning, production, processing, quality, maintenance, capital planning, and packaging.
- Supports plant leadership in overseeing the overall activities of the manufacturing facilities of the plant to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced and shipped safely at the lowest landed cost and standards to meet the customers’ requirements and service level agreements while maintaining corporate established quality standards.
- Analyzes plant operations and key metrics to maintain operational efficiencies within each department.
- Is responsible for expense management and control.
- Collects and reports reliable information to measure the performance of the plant and of the various plant departments as required.
- Is responsible for ensuring customer needs are satisfied through scheduling processes which ensure that products are manufactured, loaded, and shipped to our various branded and core customers at the ordered quantities and on the required day.
- Ensures that appropriate SOPs are developed, executed and maintained for all aspects of our business.
- Is responsible for meeting all regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Provides a high degree of leadership and management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
- Leads by example.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating. Work together professionally in a team environment with coworkers and other department personnel;
- Support other departments as needed and perform other duties as required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree and or experience.
- Hands-on experience in a process-manufacturing environment managing a team/department at a high level. Food manufacturing preferred.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory laws and responsibilities as they pertain to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience using Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, mentor, coach, train/develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- hands-on experience in a process-manufacturing environment.
Job Type: Full-time