Boston, MA or Remote (with experience)
Senior Software Engineering Positions: SimSpace is seeking experienced software engineers for full-time positions in the Data Science Directorate. We also have internship opportunities.
Do you enjoy tackling technical challenges on a daily basis, and want your work to impact a critical part of our society? Do you want to shape the future of cybersecurity training against malicious cyber criminals and foreign actors? SimSpace is seeking experienced software engineers for full-time positions in our Data Science / Special Projects Directorate to help innovate and prototype new systems and capabilities. No prior cybersecurity knowledge required.
SimSpace is seriously disrupting the status quo for Virtual Cyber Security Ranges. By making complex and laborious network environments simple, and providing adversary attack campaigns, training, and assessment tools, organizations can better understand their risk and improve through practice and experimentation. We are a fast moving company that needs your talent and determination on our team. We are protective of our company culture, and we’re still small, so it’s a great time to join us. We’re a startup that must ship.
Currently, teams within the Data Science Directorate are developing numerous advanced capabilities, among those are adaptive, artificially intelligent attack and defense agents to deploy on our cyber ranges to engage customer cyber operators during assessments and training activities. The Data Science Directorate is seeking software engineer to apply computer science and engineering expertise to architect and develop new systems and improve existing systems to support directorate initiatives, to productize Data Science Directorate systems, interact with teams from the Engineering Directorate to develop common interfaces and to integrate those systems into the broader SimSpace software ecosystem, and to maintain, upgrade, and deploy developed systems.
– Design and develop new capabilities that advance SimSpace’s core activities
– Integrate our machine learning capabilities into the broader company software ecosystem
– Upgrade and maintain these systems
– Interact with provided cyber tools and other component services
– Work closely with a passionate team of data scientists and software developers
You are a good fit if you have:
– At least 5 years of professional software engineering experience
– Demonstrated enthusiasm and aptitude for software architecture, design, agile development, test suites, and system maintenance
– A strong sense of pride in crafting well-tested and well-designed code that is delivered on-time
– Producing high quality software that is well-written, well-instrumented, tested thoroughly, and securely designed and implemented
– Fluent in Python, UML, git, GitLab/GitHub, container systems, databases, CI/CD, multithreading/multiprocessing, messaging, and modern team software development and testing tools and best practices
– Computer hardware skills and TensorFlow experience are a plus
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– A problem-solver that is highly self-motivated, accepting of others’ opinions, and can work effectively in a team
– Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision)
– Equity in the company
– Flexible hours, provided you overlap the main part of the day (EST) to interact with others
– One day a week telecommute — we value in-person interaction
The focus of the Special Projects Directorate is to innovate and prototype new capabilities that advance SimSpace’s core activities, and we are searching for candidates that can architect, design, develop, test, and maintain software systems. The candidate will work with the rest of the team on developing new capabilities, integrating those capabilities into the broader company software ecosystem, and upgrading and maintaining these systems. Currently, teams within the Data Science and Special Projects Directorate are developing adaptive, automated offensive and defensive capabilities to attack and defend a virtual cyber range. Additional projects involve cyber security assessment event automation, improving assessment analysis and scoring, enhancing existing user emulation tools, developing coordination mechanisms and related intelligence for adversarial agents that would execute attacks, harnessing SimSpace attack tools, and designing new approaches to accelerate scaling. Candidates should possess strong software engineering skills, an understanding of best practices in design, development, and maintenance of software systems, and a background that includes academic coursework and project experience that demonstrate aptitude and enthusiasm for software engineering, problem solving, computer science, and related topics.
The SimSpace Cyber Range provides realistic environments, adversary attack campaigns, and training and assessment tools for your organization’s cybersecurity developmental, testing, and training requirements. The Cyber Range makes complex and laborious network environments simple to recreate and provides accessible, affordable, and sophisticated solutions.