About Restaurant Brands International:
RBI is one of the world’s largest quick service restaurant companies with more than $32 billion in system-wide sales and approximately 26,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries and U.S. territories. RBI owns three of the world’s most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands – BURGER KING®, TIM HORTONS®, and POPEYES®.
About Sustainability at Restaurant Brands International:
Our Restaurant Brands for Good framework for sustainable business houses our three pillars of Food, Planet, People and Communities, and functions to provide a long-term focus on improving ingredients, reducing our environmental impact, sourcing responsibly, and investing in people and communities.
Our vision is that as a corporation, we believe that the delicious, affordable, and convenient meals you love must be sustainable.
We act in a way that reinforces the importance of operating in a way that supports the well-being of the people touched by our business, as well as the future of the shared planet on which we depend. We believe this is foundational to our ability to grow restaurant brands that are loved around the globe, and we have doubled down on our approach to lead with purpose.
The company seeks a Senior Manager, Sustainability, supporting the execution of Popeyes sustainability plans in alignment with the sustainability strategy of RBI, based in Miami, Florida. The Senior Manager will assist in strategy development and lead implementation of the company’s sustainability efforts in our North America region. This includes managing company-wide projects on specific issue areas, and support the execution of sustainability goals by other departments/functions.
- Strategic Thinking:
- Lead management of Popeyes specific sustainability strategy, goal- and policy-setting process in collaboration with the Director of Sustainability
- Benchmark, synthesize, and communicate external and internal trends and insights; support identification of emerging sustainability issues, and identify opportunities for collaboration and leadership
- Project Management:
- Manage and execute elements of Popeye’s sustainability plan, and oversee project management, facilitation and execution of goals carried out by departments such as Supply Chain / Procurement, Innovation, Corporate Affairs, Diversity & Inclusion, Operations and Marketing and Communications teams, as well as the regional and global brand teams.
- Ensure on time achievement of Popeye’s external sustainability commitments, including those on real ingredients, packaging and recycling, animal welfare, deforestation, and climate action
- Lead cross functional projects in collaboration with RBI Global Sustainability team and with other brands
- Manage relevant sustainability governance committee/cross-functional meetings.
- Communication & Reporting:
- Track and report progress on work plans, including external sustainability commitments, to the Director of Sustainability, the Popeyes Director of Marketing Execution, and the Popeyes CMO and President.
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications teams to synthesize important updates and targets in an engaging, guest-facing manner
- Share and align with important stakeholder groups, like our franchises, on important sustainability progress and future plans
- Represent Popeyes in external sustainability collaborations, managing communications with key internal stakeholders
- Current and clear understanding of sustainability concepts, including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues, particularly those in the food industry, restaurant-specific a plus
- Additional subject matter expertise across RBI areas a plus, including sustainability management, reporting and transparency, inclusion and diversity, sustainable agriculture and/or supply chain.
- General understanding of raw material supply chains and ESG challenges
- Flexibility and motivation to learn new content, consider new resources, and innovate.
- Project Management expertise is also required
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to anticipate and solve complex problems and resolve issues independently / with partnership guidance.
- Experience working with high-profile consumer brands and of franchisee model a plus.
- Excellent organization skills, with strong ability to multitask and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines, and re-prioritize as-needed.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent professional relationships with a variety of audiences to include various other departments within the brand, RBI business partners, advocacy organizations and issue experts, and franchise partners.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, including communicating and marketing sustainability efforts.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze small and large data sets into useful information, depending on the need.
- Ability to translate complex circumstances and ideas and clear, concise, and supported recommendations
- Ability to influence senior leaders in the organization and across different cross functional groups
- Fluent in both written and conversational English; fluency in a second language an advantage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Travel required 10 to 20% of the time
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field, Master’s degree in business, operations, sustainability or a related field a plus
- 4 – 8 years of relevant professional experience in a top-tier consulting firm, NGO working with business, a CSR/sustainability, or sustainability focused operations or similar role in the private sector, preferably restaurant industry
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.