The Pew Charitable Trusts uses data to make a difference. For more than 70 years, we have focused on serving the public, invigorating civic life, conducting nonpartisan research, advancing effective public policies and practices, and achieving tangible results.JOB DESCRIPTIONInternational Fisheries
Pew’s international fisheries project aims to secure an enduring system of rules and consequences for international fisheries that ensures the sustainability of fish populations over the long term and supports the health and resilience of the marine ecosystem more broadly. Our main areas of work include: the advancement of precautionary harvest strategies and effective compliance regimes for international fisheries; improved protection of vulnerable marine species and their nursery and spawning habitats affected by international fisheries; and improved policies and actions aimed at ending illegal, unreported, and unregulated fishing.
The senior associate, markets, international fisheries, supports the objectives of the international fisheries project, specifically related to market engagement. Reporting to the Senior Officer, Markets, International Fisheries, the senior associate supports the production of campaign materials and coordinates with communications, government relations, and others on advocacy outreach and policy research.
This position has been approved to be based in London, Brussels, or DC offices and is eligible for up to 60% telework. Alternatively, the position has been approved to be based remotely from Massachusetts, Washington, or Oregon.
- Foster a work environment that is diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible and in line with Pew and the project’s related goals.
- Support the senior officer, markets in ensuring the effective development and implementation of a market-focused strategy that advances international fisheries project objectives.
- Engage in regular communications and meetings with international fisheries staff to help inform the development, implementation, and updating of a market-focused strategy.
- Develop and assist managing and monitoring contracts and grants.
- As necessary, act as a liaison between the markets team within international fisheries and other programmatic teams, finance, institutional partnerships, communications, conservation science, and government relations.
- Manage special projects ranging from development of new communications content to conducting outreach to stakeholders or partner organizations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with important constituencies such as the fishing industry and food retails sector, conservation groups, and others to advance project objectives. Collaborate with other allies in the field to maximize the likelihood of achieving identified objectives.
- Represent Pew and the project at meetings, multilateral forums, conferences, and other events, as needed and as determined by supervisor.
- Participate in activities that support program and Pew-wide objectives.
- A minimum of four years of overall professional experience; of which, some experience with fisheries, the seafood industry, food production industry and/or as a sustainability professional also required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including communicating complex ideas to the public.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and highly results oriented.
- Aptitude to apply a non-partisan, evidence-based approach to projects and campaigns that require support across the political spectrum.
- Can meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization.
- Systems skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English.
Key attributes and preferred experience
- Easily develops and manages productive and collaborative relationships.
- Experience with public speaking preferred.
- Fluency in other languages desirable.
Some domestic and international travel is anticipated. Travel may cross weekends and, on occasion, holidays to accommodate meeting schedules.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
this position is : salaried, 50k-75kLOCATIONjob can be done remotely