Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is looking to hire a full-time Clinical Research Associate to design health services and health outcomes research studies focused on health equity in cardiovascular care. The Research Associate will perform analyses in collaboration with an analyst and draft manuscripts for publication in collaboration with the Principal Investigator (PI), Dr. Celina Yong.
We encourage you to apply if you have experience in research writing and data analysis, extensive publication record, expertise in statistics, as well as knowledge in the field of health outcomes and/or cardiovascular research.
The Research Associate will work closely with Dr. Celina Yong, Director of Interventional Cardiology at the Palo Alto VA Medical Center and an Assistant Professor in the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine at Stanford University.
This is a full-time position located in Palo Alto, CA. Working remotely is an option with occasional in-person meetings once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
PAVIR offers generous benefits including comprehensive health insurance, 13 paid holidays, paid vacation, sick pay and a 401(k) with a fully vested 6% company match and 3% profit share, wellness program, commuter benefits, and professional development training. Plus, we pay for life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance.
ABOUT PALO ALTO VETERANS INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH (PAVIR)
PAVIR facilitates research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System. At PAVIR we work with more than 160 uniquely talented medical scientists. Our researchers have an active appointment with the VA Palo Alto Health Care System and most maintain academic appointments with Stanford University. We recruit and retain talented employees who believe in making a difference in the lives of others through innovative health research.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CLINICAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
The Clinical Research Associate will spend majority of the time on research writing and about 30% of the time on data analysis.
- Contribute significantly to the preparation of abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
- Conduct literature research and writeups for drafting new proposals.
- Independently develop new research protocols based on applicable literature and sound research design.
- Present new and ongoing work to the PI at requested intervals.
- Evaluate and interpret data using scientific methodology and statistical techniques.
- Assess and analyze extracted data; Work with users to resolve errors and issues in current versions.
- Develop presentations on data interpretation to be presented at research meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A CLINICAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in research writing and data analysis
- Expertise with one or more statistical packages: SAS, R, STATA, and SPSS
- Proven knowledge in the field of health outcomes and/or cardiovascular research
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and statistical approaches to answering clinical questions
- Extensive publication record, preferably in health outcomes, health services, and/or cardiovascular care
- Demonstrated ability to apply scientific principles to new study publications and protocol development
- Experience with research protocols and regulatory of governing bodies and HIPAA compliance
- Expertise with Internet and PubMed research, data management and analysis, a bibliography or reference program (e.g. Endnote or Mendeley)
- Knowledge of research procedures and protocols gained through education or experience
- Ability to work independently and within a team context
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal), with exceptional writing abilities.
- D., M.D., and/or Master’s degree
- 4 or more years of experience in research writing and data analysis
- Prior experience working with large datasets, including VA data.
READY TO JOIN OUR RESEARCH TEAM? Please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to complete a background check before they can commence work.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Individuals with a Disability are encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org – Human Resources department.
For more information, or to apply now, you must click on the green Apply Externally button. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.