Ocean Spray is looking to add a Senior Scientist, Emerging Science/Tech to our R&D Team!
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Manage tech scouting efforts in partnership with Innovation Ecosystem to research emerging technologies for application to support long term growth.
- Link scouting efforts to relevant topics that address the strategic objectives in the areas of agroreseach, sustainability, nutritional and ingredient science
- Establish technical relationships with potential partners and execute first round evaluations of start-ups or similar companies
- Leverage technical expertise to provide critical evaluation of emerging technology and potential application to support business objectives and drive discovery research to accelerate innovation with preference for microbial fermentation, microbiome or agricultural technology expertise.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to maximize value and level of assessment during initial meetings
- Make recommendations on the coop ‘s participation and collaboration with the companies and business and financial commitment
- Track and manage current projects and lead check-in meetings with companies
- Drive completion of project and provide potential path to business execution
- Ability to look to the future to determine ways to increase profitability
- Partner with internal teams and external vendors to prioritize, plan, and scope various improvement efforts.
- Strong growth mindset and technical curiosity – vision for how to achieve growth and success coupled with willingness to explore new things
- Operates well in a fast-past environment, self-starting, and willingness to clarify ambiguity
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience
- Masters Degree Required
- Technical Depth and Curiosity
- Passion for Science & Technology
- Thrives in ambiguity
- Collaborative working style
- Ability to think strategically and influence
- Data Management Skills
- Strong communication skills & business acumen