DSHS in partnership with Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking to hire multiple epidemiologists to help in various locations nationwide. This position is salaried (W2) with healthcare benefits and high pay.
Performs epidemiological work. The epidemiologist is responsible for design, implementation, and analysis of epidemiological investigations or studies and participating in general data management and report writing for epidemiological investigations or studies. The epidemiologist shall perform services and support compatible with the medical facility’s capacity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes epidemiological data through the use of statistical measures.
• Assist with the surveillance and epidemiology of all aspects of employee health.
• Participates in analyzing, planning, developing, coordinating, and conducting specific epidemiological investigations or studies.
• Collects epidemiological data for the surveillance of specific diseases and conditions. • Arranges for the cooperative use of epidemiological data with other agencies, other states, and national organizations such as the U.S. Center for Disease Control.
• Works with other health personnel in the control of public health problems.
• May coordinate with others to assist in the collection of epidemiological data.
• Performs related work as assigned.
• Experience in epidemiology work preferred. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in epidemiology, microbiology, infectious diseases, biostatistics, or a related field is generally preferred.
• Two (2) years experience in their field within the last four (4) years preferred.
• Contract personnel shall have knowledge of the principles, concepts, and methodologies of population health and epidemiologic research including types of communicable diseases, biostatistics, epidemiologic study design and interpretation, population medicine, bacteriology/virology/parasitology, disease transmission, medical entomology, medical administration, laboratory techniques, anatomy and physiology, detection and mitigation of real or perceived biological warfare incidents, and community environment characteristics.
• Successful completion of background screening and hiring process.
• Successful completion of Maxim Staffing Solutions testing process.