Full-time | Berkeley, CA (remote)
Together, we can impact mental health on a global scale, and if you’re ready to create groundbreaking technology in Healthcare AI, we invite you to apply for our Machine Learning Engineer role based in Berkeley where you’ll get to build a world-class set of applications to scale the future of primary care to our homes.
Kintsugi is developing smarter mental healthcare with voice biomarkers. Our team has been awarded multiple National Science Foundation SBIR awards for developing new AI technologies. In our latest technical milestone, we’re now able to detect depression and anxiety from less than 20 seconds of free form speech.
About The Role
In this role, you will be a member of a team that develops and applies cutting edge techniques to detect depression and anxiety. You will be part of the R&D team and contribute to creating state of the art models.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively to build a platform for scientific discovery in this exciting new domain of speech for healthcare
- Have access to a wealth of unique data and best-in-class algorithms, providing a solid foundation to build and iterate on
- Advance the state of the art by developing novel algorithms to quantify mental health severity
- An advanced degree in Computer Science or other quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in applied ML
- Extensive knowledge of deep learning frameworks (e.g. Pytorch, TensorFlow)
- Experience dealing with real world large-scale datasets
- Strong programming skills with working knowledge of Python
- Exposure to industry or academic research
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Team player with good communication skills (oral and written)
- Signal/Speech Processing experience
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Speech/Signal Processing or Machine Learning