Job originally posted without a specific deadline. We recommend that interested candidates apply ASAP. In addition, we encourage you to check the employer’s website to see if this listing is still available, as positions may fill before listed expiry dates.
16 – up to 40 hours per week Hours/week | ASAP – Ongoing contract with 30 days’ notice to cancel
32-bed acute care facility
Travel/mileage offered, pending applicant location
Flexible schedule | Open to hybrid, weekends or evenings, but prefer a Tue/Thurs/Fri schedule
Inpatient position | Not a very high acuity | Diet education and patient care is a focus
Located near the Pennsylvania /New York border, Wellsville, NY is a charming small town perfect for a dietitian looking to get away from the city.
- Conducts a nutrition assessment for patients at nutritional risk per facility policies and procedures
- Develops and implements an individualized plan for nutrition intervention based on nutrition assessment and evidence-based standards
- Assess educational needs and provide nutrition counseling for individuals and groups
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in meetings and/or rounds
- Experience with electronic charting, the Nutrition Care Process and writing PES statements to provide appropriate documentation for the plan of care
- Works cooperatively with food service staff to ensure conformance to diet prescriptions
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patients’ protected health information
- Ability to perform work independently with minimal training
- Current Registered Dietitian credentialed by CDR
- NYS CDN is NOT required for this position
If you’re looking for better work-life balance, consider consulting. Our team of recruiters expertly match dietitians to opportunities that best suit their abilities and schedule. Dietitians On Demand is a dietitian-focused staffing company with a national footprint. We understand dietitians are essential members of the healthcare team, and we pay you accordingly. This is a contracted temporary position where you’ll work for Dietitians On Demand at one of our client sites.
Perks of being a Dietitians On Demand employee include:
- Premier pay rates and full benefits package
- Free continuing education
- Corporate liability insurance
- W2 employment status
- Work-life balance by choosing when and where you work
- Nutrition Care Manual access
- Opportunity to earn 401K and health insurance benefits based on employment duration
Candidates must successfully complete a thorough pre-hire screening process, including but not limited to: phone screen, background check, drug screen, reference and credential check, clinical competency assessment, and tuberculosis screening. Immunization titers and fingerprinting, as needed.
Interested? Apply online or contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org