CSTE is currently accepting new applications for the
Applied Epidemiology Fellowship program
for placement in the summer of 2021.
Potential field assignment subject areas:
Infectious Diseases (including HAI, Quarantine, and Food Safety)
Maternal and Child Health
In response to the need for a skilled workforce in applied epidemiology at state and local health departments, the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) has established the Applied Epidemiology Fellowship Program in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Association of Schools of Public Health (ASPH).
The goal of the Fellowship is to provide a high quality on-the-job training experience in applied epidemiology for recent graduates and to prepare Fellows for long-term career placement at the state and local level. Based on their career aspirations and available positions, Fellows are carefully matched to a state or local health agency or federal quarantine station for two years under the guidance of an experienced mentor.
During their tenure, Fellows will be expected to complete activities and achieve competencies related to epidemiologic methods, communication skills, public health practice, policy, and legal issues.
- An MPH, MSPH, MS in epidemiology, or equivalent degree or an advanced degree in a health-related field (i.e., PhD in epidemiology, biostatistics, or other public-health field; an MD degree; or a DVM degree)
- Completed at least four graduate level epidemiology courses
- One graduate level biostatistics course
- Strong desire to pursue a career at the state or local level
- United State Citizenship
Link to apply (**Must apply using the link**):
The application includes the following components:
- Identifying information
- Professional experience
- Program areas of interest
- Geographical preferences or needs
- Resume or CV
- Official transcripts from all degree-granting institutions
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (copy of birth certificate or US passport)
Available host site positions are listed according to program area and/or location on the CSTE Fellows website: Host Site Billets | CSTE Fellows (wpengine.com) .
Please find more information about the Fellowship on CSTE’s website: http://www.cstefellows.org
Application review and interviews will be conducted on a weekly rolling basis until all positions are filled for Class XIX starting the Summer of 2021. To see the available host sites, please visit CSTE Fellows Host Site Billets.
Please do not hesitate to contact Jessica Haupt at email@example.com if you have any questions about the Fellowship or the application.