The Community Food Program Coordinator is a full-time position based at Center for Land based Learning’s (CLBL) headquarters in Woodland and reports to the Community Food Program Manager. The primary role is to assist in the planning, coordination, execution, and marketing of the Woodland Mobile Farmers Market. The other duties will include implementing a marketing plan for mobile market; facilitating community partnerships; outreaching to constituents and stakeholders in the community; and assisting the Program Manager in program administration including grant reporting and managing grant deliverables.
Key Job Responsibilities
Mobile Market Duties (75%):
- Onboard training for Mobile Farmers Market in West Sacramento with the Community Food Program Assistant Manager (Summer 2023).
- Operate mobile farmers market in Woodland, est. 3-4 stops (May-Oct. 2024).
- Plan and coordinate interns and volunteers for the mobile farmer’s market in Woodland.
- Assist Program Manager in marketing and outreach strategy for the mobile farmer’s market in the Woodland area.
- Assist Program Manager in developing relationships with community partners to grow the program and establish new opportunities that address food access and food justice in the Woodland community and surrounding areas (Esparto, Knights Landing, Winters, Madison and Yolo).
- Plan and coordinate produce orders with CLBL incubator farms, local farms and food hubs.
- Collaborate and coordinate with West Sacramento Community Food Program Assistant Manager on produce orders, access to the West Sac hub and other program details.
- Strategize with Program Manager and Assistant Manager on goals and objectives for the community food program and its mobile farmer’s market.
- Establish a Community Food Ambassador program in Woodland targeting the demographic the mobile farmers market aims to serve.
- During the off-season, Nov-April, work on program development to expand the program and its community impact.
Grant and Administrative Duties (25%):
- Assist Program Manager in grant related activities and administrative work.
- Assist Program Manager in general program related administrative work.
- Assist Program Manager in managing and executing grant deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and/or years of experience.
- Passionate about community food systems and equity.
- Detail oriented, organized and enjoys problem solving.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office suite and Google Workplaces.
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work.
- Proof of good driving record for CLBL auto insurance to drive mobile farmers market truck.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work outdoors during the mobile market season (May-Oct).
- Friendly, enthusiastic, enjoys engaging with the public, and has a positive attitude.
- Ability to work within a team or independently as the situation demands.
- Able to work outside in hot weather and rainy weather.
- Able to lift 40 lbs plus.
- Knowledge of or strong interest in local food systems
- Outreach and marketing skills
- An ability and willingness to be flexible with tasks assigned
- Ability to speak Spanish
Hours, Benefits, & Compensation
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position. The wage range is $23 to $26 per hour. This position includes medical, vision, and dental benefits, vacation, sick days and 12 paid holidays. CLBL also provides the opportunity to enroll in Flexible Health Spending Accounts, supplemental insurance through Colonial Insurance, and 401(K)/Roth IRA options. Benefits also include one floating holiday for a total of 13 paid federal holidays in a calendar year. Position comes with cell phone reimbursement and expense/mileage reimbursement plus company credit card for CLBL related expenses.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Center for Land Based Learning
Community Food Program Manager
This position is open until filled. The Center for Land-Based Learning is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.