Job ID 152079
Date posted 09/17/2021
Location : Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota | Wayzata, Minnesota | Washington, DC
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Director – Corporate Responsibility will develop and lead a portfolio of Global Impact partnerships and programs to accelerate business growth, customer engagement and meet our social impact commitments.
In this role, you will partner with global and regional team members to design and implement strategic partnerships and projects, engage with non-governmental organizations, international development organizations and donors. You will also advise enterprises, business groups and functions on highly complex and or sensitive economic and social issues and opportunities with the potential to impact our company brand, reputation and license to operate, advancing our company’s purpose to be a global leader in nourishing the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of innovative, shared value partnerships to meet business objectives and advance our social impact priorities and commitments.
- Advise businesses on the development and implementation of enterprise level programs/partnerships that address complex economic and social issues and opportunities facing our businesses, supply chains and customers.
- Provide strategic direction for partnership managers and establish relevant KPIs to track progress against our commitments
- Lead global Corporate Responsibility co-investment strategy to engage donors and other funders to scale programs/projects that advance business and global impact objectives
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including non-governmental organizations, international development organizations, donors, customers and academia.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in industry associations and multi-stakeholder forums.
- Serve as a member of the Corporate Responsibility leadership team, helping to guide the global strategy, talent and resources.
- Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience within corporate responsibility including broad in-depth knowledge in social and environment issues, sustainability, corporate philanthropy, foundation, nonprofit or government work
- Five years of supervisory experience
- Ability to travel up to 15% globally
- Fluent in English
- MBA preferred
- Strong business acumen and commercial experience in food and agriculture
- Fluency in second language
- Experience working in a large matrixed organization
- Previous work with global stakeholders
- Managing significant complex partnerships and programs (box question)
- Minimum of fifteen years of related work experience within corporate responsibility or sustainability
- Proven experience influencing at senior levels of the company and with senior external stakeholders
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.