CAMRIS is a clinical and life sciences firm that realizes innovative solutions to challenges worldwide through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, biodefense, and clinical research.
CAMRIS attracts the next generation of scientists to work at premier government research and development institutions with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, under world leaders in health research. Our exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing health and research organization dedicated to making the world a healthier place, please apply today!
We are seeking a Biologist to support the mission of the Vaccine Immunology Program (VIP) which is part of the Vaccine Research Center (VRC) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to:
- Produce and purify proteins using transient transfection of mammalian cells.
- Perform serological assays including Meso Scale Discovery binding and competition assays.
- Perform molecular biology techniques including cloning and single-cell PCR.
- Perform and optimize multi-color flow cytometry assays on primary cells.
- Culture and maintain cell lines.
- Organize and maintain sample inventories.
- Independently and collaboratively plan, develop, and implement experiments and protocols.
- Train staff and others on the methods and procedures used in the laboratory.
- Locate and review literature pertinent to projects and to identify/modify the most applicable protocols and methods for experiments.
- Develop methods for and collect, organize and record experimental data suitable for publication.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and lectures on subjects of relevance to the research program.
- Trouble shoot assays and adjust scientific methodology to correct problems or deficiencies in a research project, experiment, or trial.
- Maintain accurate laboratory records to ensure proper retention of scientific data.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in biology or a related field.
- Experience in protein purification.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Demonstrates experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures.