Boston Farms Community Land Trust is seeking an organized individual with strong writing skills to assist with producing grant applications, tracking donor information, and organizing events — to raise resources to support our mission, and to grow their role and capacities over time.
Hours: Half-time (20 hours/week, flexible scheduling)
Location: Fowler Clark Epstein Farm, Mattapan (most work can be done remotely; some in-person meetings)
Start Date: 11/1/21
Compensation: $35-50/hour depending on experience
- Pursue foundation and government funding: research and identify prospects, write grant proposals, and oversee grant monitoring and reporting
- Manage donor research, tracking, correspondence, and acknowledgment
- Oversee entry and tracking of fundraising data; assist with database creation and management
- Help organize semi-annual fundraising events
- Assist with other fundraising efforts as needed
- Strong writing and research skills; highly organized
- Experience with nonprofit fundraising
- Comfort with Google Docs, Microsoft Word/Excel, or equivalent programs
- Comfort and experience working with the diverse communities of Boston
- Preferences: Background in grant writing; experience with database systems
- Key Characteristics: driven, self-motivated, self-directed, eager to learn, personable, diligent, flexible
About the Boston Farms Community Land Trust:
Boston Farms is a Black-led, community land development and management nonprofit. We build and protect urban farms across the neighborhoods of Roxbury, Dorchester, and Mattapan, making our farms accessible to Black and Brown neighborhood farmers and supporting their success. We own 5 sites and will expand further in the coming years. In early 2020, the board adopted a 3-Year Strategic Plan (2020-22).
To Apply: Please be sure to read this posting thoroughly. If interested, please email your cover letter, resume, and writing sample (persuasive writing preferred) to Joy Gary at email@example.com, with the subject line ‘Fundraising Associate Application’. We welcome diverse candidates and residents of our neighborhoods of Mattapan, Dorchester, and Roxbury.