Azuluna Foods, a founding member of the Tuft’s Food & Nutrition Innovation Council, is seeking a passionate individual with strong writing skills to assist with producing research-based nutritional content to be used across a variety of platforms in order to support the Azuluna Food’s mission that food is health.
Hours: Half-time (20 hours/week, flexible scheduling)
Location: Mostly remote with occasional in-person meetings at Woodstock Sustainable Farms in Woodstock, CT
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: $25-$30/hour depending on experience
- Collaborate with the Azuluna Foods team of nutritional experts to create editorial calendar of monthly themes
- Identify a content topic that supports the monthly theme and provide topic outline for approval
- Draft a long-form written article based on the approved outline citing the most up-to-date and relevant research in support of the idea (this does not have to be original research; it can be curated from current research)
- Edit the copy as needed for publication across a variety of platforms from text to video clips
- Strong writing and research skills; highly organized
- Passion for research-based nutrition and foods impact on one’s overall health and wellness
- Comfort with Google Docs, Microsoft Word/Excel, or equivalent programs
Preferences: Background in writing research-based theses
Key Characteristics: driven, self-motivated, self-directed, eager to learn, personable, diligent, flexible
About Azuluna Foods:
At Azuluna Foods, we know that rotational grazing and high-quality compost produce naturally healthier soil, which provides increased vitamin and mineral content in the produce and meats. In addition, a healthier plant system allows the farms we partner with to eliminate the need for harmful pesticides and chemical fertilizers. The addition of roots, bugs, worms, and other naturally-occurring proteins to their diets truly make our animals tastier. We also allow our animals to continue feeding on their mothers most of their first year of life, making our meats tastier, more nutritious, and more tender than meat from other farms. That is the Azuluna way!
About Woodstock Sustainable Farms:
Woodstock Sustainable Farms aims to create an effective supply chain for both production and distribution that increases the accessibility and benefits of fresh, healthy food to the entire community without ever compromising the treatment of the animals, the integrity of our farming, or the WSF commitment to healthy living and to a healthy planet.
To Apply: Please be sure to read this posting thoroughly. If interested, please email your cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Graduate Student Application’. We welcome diverse candidates of all backgrounds and beliefs to apply.