Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Manager, Field Implementation – Enterprise Sustainability is responsible for supporting the implementation of Aramark’s company-wide sustainability strategy, with an emphasis on environmental practices. As a member of the Enterprise Sustainability team this role is critical to ensuring implementation of the company’s public environmental commitments and engagement of internal and external stakeholders.
This position reports directly to Aramark’s VP of Enterprise Sustainability and works collaboratively across the organization domestically and internationally. This role will focus on 1) leading field implementation of the company’s commitments including responsible sourcing, operational efficiency, food waste minimization and single-use plastics reduction 2) managing and developing tools and resources to support operators and engage consumers 3) engaging internal and external stakeholders to gain insights, improve performance and advance Aramark’s reputation.
The Field Implementation Manager will play an integral role in Aramark’s business success and, is responsible for partnering with key functions across the company including supply chain, culinary development, operational excellence, investor relations, legal and communications. This role will communicate and consult with Aramark’s key external stakeholders including advocacy groups, investors and industry organizations. The ideal candidate will have subject matter expertise on social and
environmental issues, with a priority focus on climate change, sustainable sourcing, energy and water efficiency, food waste and single-use plastics.
This position requires an experienced and detail-oriented sustainability professional who can function independently with diverse stakeholders and manage through influence across levels and functions. This position also requires an individual who operates with a sense of urgency and a consistent awareness of deadlines and results.
Primary focus on environmental practices and food service business, with responsibility for coordination and alignment across facilities services and uniforms business. Key projects include:
- Drive strategy, develop tools and resources, implement programs, track progress and lead cross-functional teams to advance Aramark’s public waste minimization commitments including reducing single-use plastics globally by 2022, reducing food waste in the U.S. by 50% by 2030 following the U.S. EPA Food Recovery Hierarchy, and overseeing food donation program partnership and approach to addressing food insecurity.
- Partner with supply chain to drive sustainable sourcing strategy and public commitments by providing support through development and implementation of new sustainable sourcing strategy.
- Support implementation of Aramark’s climate goal through development of operational guidance to inform front-line teams, marketing materials to engage consumers and pilot programs to improve tracking and reporting of Aramark’s greenhouse gas emissions through onsite operations.
- Manage field engagement strategy including national network of sustainability coordinators across lines of business, and develop model to engage employees in driving enterprise priorities and cultivate sense of purpose and impact.
- Across all projects, develop agendas, coordinate and facilitate meetings, identify gaps and opportunities, partner functional owners to advance key outcomes, provide updates on progress and outcomes.
Marketing and Communications
- Oversee Green Thread™ platform and brand by maintaining and developing tools and resources to support implementation of operational practices and consumer marketing materials, working in partnership with center-led and field marketing teams.
- Partner with internal and external communications to tell Aramark’s environmental sustainability story through progress reports, blogs, articles and social media.
- Support Request for Proposals (RFPs) responses, quarterly business review content development and annual refresh of proposal content, in partnership with Global Sales.
- Manage limited set of public reporting requests, including overseeing timelines, information gathering, drafting responses, review processes, completing submissions, and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Develop and facilitate relationships of trust and confidence with key stakeholders, based in providing timely and transparent information that maximizes stakeholder opportunities to proactively engage and provide feedback to Aramark, and that enable Aramark to do the same. Stakeholders include non-governmental organizations (NGOs), pre-competitive forums, investors and clients.
- Identify and understand stakeholder issues, interests, aspirations and concerns to better define what matters most, and identify opportunities to advance mutual interests.
- Represent the company in external events, conferences and industry meetings.
- Candidates must have at least 7 (seven) yrs. of experience working in a corporate, agency or non-profit.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, in sustainability or related topic.
- Relevant previous experience required.
- Knowledge of and experience with environmental issues including climate, sourcing, energy and water, food waste, food donations, composting, food insecurity and single-use plastics.
- Track record of developing and implementing environmental programs and practices.
- Demonstrated thought leadership, enabling implementation of new approaches and initiatives.
- Experience developing tools and resources to enable operators and inform consumers.
- Understands business and operations of large food, facilities and uniform company.
- Inquisitive mind and strategic thinker bringing new approaches to continually improve effectiveness.
- Proven ability to read, analyze and interpret data into simple insights or reports.
- Excellent project management and strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Analytic thinker and ability to problem-solve including evaluation and identification of solutions.
- Proven ability to inspire, collaborate and manage internal relationships and cultivate partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience influencing without formal authority to accomplish company-wide goals.
- Experienced individual contributor, able to work independently and as part of a high-performing team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary personal judgment given sensitive content.
- Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of subordinates, colleagues and senior leaders.
Location: This role may be based in our LEED certified global HQ in Philadelphia, PA, located on the beautiful Schuylkill River Trail and a 5-minute walk from 30th Street Train Station (Amtrak stop). This position may also be based remotely in the U.S., requiring regular travel to Aramark headquarters.
How to Apply: Submit 1) Statement of Interest (see directions below), 2) resume and 3) other requested information through Aramark’s online application portal. Please submit all materials no later than 10.29.21. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Statement of Interest: Instead of a cover letter, we would appreciate you answering a few questions while keeping to the maximum number of sentences referenced:
- Why are you applying for this role? (1-2 sentences max)
- What of your skills and prior experience are relevant to the job description? (up to 4-5 skills + 3-4 sentences to expand)
- Where do you see any gaps in your experience in relation to the job description requirements? (2 sentences)
- What appeals to you most about this role? (2 sentences)
- What is your experience working in a large complex organization and what skills would you leverage to thrive in this environment? (2 sentences)
- Why should we select you over another qualified candidate? (2 sentences)
- Please indicate if you are currently located or relocating to Philadelphia, or if you prefer to work remotely indicate your location. (2 sentences)
This location requires all individuals working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 10/18/2021.
Aramark is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veteran.