Abt Associates is seeking a Data Analyst/Scientist with a background in Nutrition to support research and data analysis for NIH and other Federal clients. In this role you will work as part of a team to provide scientific, analytical and statistical support to clients on diverse projects related to nutrition, food science, public health and related areas.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support interdisciplinary teams as a subject matter expert on a wide-range of nutrition and food science related topics
- Provide data support on delivery of public-facing data products and web applications
- Conduct quantitative data analysis to inform research, policy analysis and scientific publications
- Serve as the go-to data analyst on federal data programs by developing an in-depth understanding of key datasets
- Provide assistance on identifying root causes of problems and proposing solutions to complex data issues
- Knowledge of statistical and research methodology
- Experience with programming and statistical software, including one or more of the following: R, Python, SAS, SPSS, STATA
- Strong communication skills for client-facing role
- Highly motivated individual willing to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to collaborate with diverse colleagues and participate effectively in team projects is essential
- M.S. with a concentration in Nutrition, Food Science, Public Health, Biostatistics/Statistics, Data Sciences, or related sciences.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree + Three years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.