The Friedman School Block Career Services Center is here to support you as you explore career options, gain experience, and work toward your goals. Check out the following resources for career exploration, internship/job search, and more.
Job and Internship Search Resources
- BroadFutures – Paid internships for students with learning disabilities
- Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities (COSD) – Professional association offering career resources and a national conference for students and professionals
- Entry Point! – American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) program that offers paid summer internship opportunities in STEM fields
- Jobs Without Limits – A job board for job seekers with disabilities to connect with employers in Massachusetts
- Emerging Leaders Summer Internship Program – Summer internship and leadership development opportunities for undergraduate/graduate students
- Lime Connect – Scholarship, internship, and fellowship opportunities for students and alumni
- Getting Hired – Job search website dedicated to bridging the gap between job seekers with disabilities and employers looking to hire
- Ability Jobs – Division of ABILITY magazine that features job listings and virtual career fairs
- AbilityLinks – Job listings, resume posting and mentoring opportunities
- disABLEDperson.com – Job listings for persons with disabilities
Employment Agencies/Placement Services
- Partnership Resources, Inc. – Job placement services for persons with developmental disabilities
- Workforce Recruitment Program – Recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private sector employers nationwide with students and recent graduates
- Hire Disability Solutions – Offers job listings and a resume board
- CareerOneStop – Career search resources from the U.S. Department of Labor.
- American Association of People with Disabilities
- National Council on Disability
- Mobility International USA
- The Viscardi Center
- One More Way
- Job Accommodation Network – Summary of ADA law as well as an Accommodation Toolbox to assist job-seekers in securing reasonable accommodations
- CAREERS & the disABLED – See the “Companies Actively Recruiting” section
- ABILITY Magazine
- Work Without Limits – A network of engaged employers and innovative, collaborative partners that aims to increase employment among individuals with disabilities.
Welcome to our preparation tips for case interviews! Whether you are just curious about case interviews or have an interview coming up, these tips and resources will help you feel more prepared and confident.
What is a Case Interview?
Let’s say you’re conducting a job search and aiming for an annual salary of $100,000, but a company you’ve interviewed with offers you $87,000. You could grudgingly accept it, walk away, or try to negotiate.
You decide to negotiate and …
As with most plans, execution is critical to success. Beware of how perfectionism or thinking you have to do it all in one sitting can keep you from getting started. The truth is –small, consistent steps make a difference! Go …
Devex is an independent news organization with offices are in Barcelona, London, Manila, and Washington, D.C. As a media source for the global development community, they offer news articles as well as a series of subscription newsletters; a Career Hub …
Dr. Simon Ye received his M.S. (2017) and Ph.D. (2020) in Biochemical and Molecular Nutrition from the Tufts Friedman School of Nutrition. His interest and expertise in molecular nutrition, culinary arts, and social entrepreneurship grant him a unique insight into …