The Friedman School Block Career Services Center is here to support you as you explore your career options, gain experience, and work toward your goals. Check out the following resources for career exploration, internship/job search, and more.
- ProGayJobs – Job search listings featuring employers who are committed to diversity in the workplace
- OutProfessionals – Networking events for professionals and students
- Point Foundation – National scholarship foundation for LGBTQ students
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals Inc. (NOGLSTP) – Scholarships, events and networking opportunities for students and professionals in STEM fields
- GLIFAA – Supports LGBT personnel, their families, and straight allies in US government foreign affairs offices
- Pride@Work – Represents LGBT union members and their allies
You may be wondering, how do I start a systematic personalized career exploration plan? Here are some starter pro tips from a postdoc-turned-career coach who encountered some unexpected challenges along the way to career fulfillment.
Read this article for career …
Welcome to our preparation tips for case interviews! Whether you are just curious about case interviews or have an interview coming up, these tips and resources will help you feel more prepared and confident.
What is a Case Interview?
Let’s say you’re conducting a job search and aiming for an annual salary of $100,000, but a company you’ve interviewed with offers you $87,000. You could grudgingly accept it, walk away, or try to negotiate.
You decide to negotiate and …
As with most plans, execution is critical to success. Beware of how perfectionism or thinking you have to do it all in one sitting can keep you from getting started. The truth is –small, consistent steps make a difference! Go …